Supply Chain Management
On average, direct expenditures (medicine, consumables, medical personels,...) are more than 60% of monthly revenues of any hospital or clinic. Effective management of these costs is always challenging to leaders because it would end up with shortage of materials, medicines or consumables if the forecast is not accurated, but, it may be even worst if their overstock leads to outdated inventories, misusing or lacking of support from their vendors/ suppliers.
To manage your supply chain well, managers should ask yourself below questions:
1. How to forecast your monthly supplies demand accuratedly ?
2. Criteria to choose your suppliers and how to collaborate ?
3. What are the principles in managing different kinds of medicine/ materials/consumables?
4. How the supply management team should be structured and operate?
5. Roles of IT in supply effective management?